Board of Directors
Regular Meeting Agenda
Wednesday, March 31, 2021 1:30 p.m.
Complete Agenda Background (PDF)
MTA Board of Directors
Saprina Rodriguez, Chair
Jim Tarbell, Vice Chair
Due to the Shelter In Place Order issued by Mendocino County Public Health on March 17, 2020, and pursuant to Governor Newsom’s Executive Orders N-33-20 and N-25-20, members of the MTA Board of Directors will participate in this meeting via teleconference or videoconference.
Executive Order N-29-20 further provides that a legislative body that holds a meeting via teleconference and allows members of the public to observe and address the meeting telephonically or otherwise electronically, consistent with notice and accessibility requirements as set forth in the Order, shall have satisfied any requirement that the body allow members of the public to attend the meeting and offer public comment. Such a body need not make available any physical location from which members of the public may observe the meeting and offer public comment.
Members of the public may participate by phone or online:
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 934 4331 0062
One tap mobile
Please press mute on your phone until public comments are open. Members of the public may also submit questions or comments via email by 5:00 p.m. on March 30, 2021. Email comments to email@example.com and these comments will be read aloud during the public comment section of the meeting and be made part of the official record of the meeting.
Please visit https://mendocinotransit.org/board-of-directors/ to view available agenda background documents.
A. CALL TO ORDER
1. Proclamation of Appreciation Outgoing Director – Dan Gjerde
B. PUBLIC COMMENT
MTA Board of Directors welcomes participation in its meetings. Comments shall be limited to three (3) minutes per person so that everyone may be given an opportunity to be heard. To expedite matters and avoid repetition, whenever any group of persons wishes to address the MTA Board of Directors on the same subject matter, the Chair may request that a spokesperson be chosen by the group. This item is limited to matters under the jurisdiction of the Mendocino Transit Authority which are not on the posted agenda. Public criticism of the MTA Board will not be prohibited. No action shall be taken.
C. CLOSED SESSION
1. Conference with Legal Counsel – Anticipated Litigation
Significant Exposure to Litigation Pursuant to Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(2) One Case
D. CONSENT CALENDAR
1. Approval of Minutes of February 24, 2021 Board Meeting
2. Approval of Minutes of March 5, 2021 Special Board Meeting
3. Acceptance of Service Performance Report
4. Acceptance of Financial Statements – July 1, 2020 through January 31, 2021
E. ACTION & DISCUSSION
1. Unmet Needs: Solicit Public Input
2. Discussion and Possible Adoption of Resolution 2021-05 Authorizing the Executive Director to apply for federal Section 5339(c) Low or No Emissions Grant Program to Secure Funding for 3 Battery Electric Cutaway Vehicles and Associated Charging Infrastructure as well as Project Management, Engineering, and Training costs.
3. Discussion and Possible Adoption of Resolution 2021-06 Authorization for the Execution of the Certifications and Assurances and Authorized Agent Forms for the Low Carbon Transit Operations Program (LCTOP) for the following project(s): Purchase Zero Emission Cutaway Vehicle and Continuation of Fare Free Ride Program.
4. Discussion and Possible Adoption of Resolution 2021-07 Adopting an Amended Budget for Fiscal Year 20-21.
F. DIRECTOR AND MANAGEMENT REPORTS
1. Matters from Management
2. Matters from Directors
Anticipated adjournment is 3:30 p.m.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Compliance
Mendocino Transit Authority complies with AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT (ADA). Upon request, MTA will attempt to reasonably accommodate individuals with
disabilities by making meeting material available in appropriate alternate formats pursuant to Government Code Section 54953.2 and Section 202 of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (42 U.S.C. Sec. 12132). Anyone requiring reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the meeting should contact Heather Lindsteadt at Mendocino Transit Authority by calling (707) 234-6447 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org at least 72 hours prior to the meeting.